Skip to content

Category: Election 2007

GO braces for the deluge

Related stories:

Inquirer: Go ready for poll rigging

Koko says he lost 230,000 votes to ‘barbers”

Jamby helps protect Trillanes votes in Lanao del Sur

Marawi went for GO and Kiram

Man-to man-guarding:Lomibao left Marawi when Biazon arrived

Malacañang is hoping that more Team Unity senatorial candidates will make the winner’s circle after Rep. Juan Miguel Zubiri took the No. 12 slot in the latest Commission on Elections count.

Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita said they are hoping that re-electionist Sen. Ralph Recto, who is in the 13th slot, would still make it as the votes from the South start to pour in.

Kontra-daya will hold rally again next week

The anti-fraud group Kontra Daya today warned that the inclusion in the national canvassing of questionable votes from Maguindanao and other fraud tainted provinces will further incite protest actions against the Comelec.

Another protest action is set on Wednesday next week at the Philippine International Convention Center where the national canvassing is being held. Last week’s rally drew a mixed crowd of opposition figures, militant groups and concerned citizens. Organizers estimate the rally to have peaked at around 3,000.

“There is already clear evidence that the elections in Maguindanao were rigged. The uncounted election returns and the highly improbable zero turn out for the opposition are the surest signs of election irregularities in the area. In the face of this glaring proof, canvassing of these votes will only demolish the credibility of the elections,” said Kontra Daya convenor Fr. Joe Dizon.

Kasumpa-sumpa

Kahapon, habang sinusulat ko itong kolumn, pinalabas sa ANC ang rambulang ng mga watchers ng political parties sa Lanao del Sur kung saan may special elections.

Ang special elections ay ginaganap kapag mayroon failure of elections sa isang lugar. Sa Lanao del Sur, maraming tanong sa voters list kaya hindi nagkaroon ng election noong May 14.

Sa ARMM (Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao) ginagawa itong special elections na raket. Malaking pera ang sangkot dito kaya nagpapatayan ang mga tao. Sinasabi nga ng marami na sinadsadya ang fauilure of elections para magkaroon ng special elections.

Something happened on the way to Trillanes hearing

Yesterday, the Agence France Presse photographer and I were waiting for the elevator at the Makati City Hall at 9 a.m. (we were already fidgety because we wanted to be there early) for the hearing on the petition for media access of Lt(sg) Antonio Trillanes IV, Genuine Opposition senatorial candidate, when Trillanes came with his military escorts.

He was not handcuffed. (But after the hearing, on his way back to the military vehicle, he was again handcuffed to his escort.)

For a moment, everybody was stunned seeing Trillanes there. The photographer started clicking his camera. One woman took the courage and kissed him. Everybody got excited as they greeted him, “Idol! Idol!” and “Senator”.

Kontra-Daya slams Comelec, Arroyo

THE presence of several watchdogs in this year’s elections is an offshoot of the fraudulent 2004 elections.

It is a reflection of the Filipino people’s belief in elections as a means of effective and democratic change in the country’s leadership.

In its post-election report, Kontra- Daya one of the non-government watchdogs this election, says the Commission on Elections and Gloria Arroyo are both liable for the questionable reports of the May 14 elections.

Depende sa produkto

Itong nakaraan na eleksyon ay hindi lamang contest ng mga kandidato. Pati na rin ng mga endorser.

Sa nakaraang eleksyon kumita sina Sarah Geronimo, Boy Abunda at ang kanyang mga artista na sina Ai-ai de las Alas, Mariel Rodriquez at Eric Santos.

Ngunit mukha namang sulit ang ibinayad ni Sen. Edgardo Angara kay Sarah dahil yun, pasok siya sa Magic 12.

Media access to Trillanes

Last March, a number of working journalists wrote Judge Oscar Pimentel Sr. of the Makati Regional Trial Court to give us access to detained Lt. (s.g.) Antonio Trillanes, senatorial candidate of the Genuine Opposition.

We cited in our petition provisions in the Bill of Rights of the Constitution that guarantee “freedom of speech, of expression, or of the press.”

Charged with coup d’etat in connection with what is referred to as “Oakwood mutiny” on July 27, 2003, Trillanes is detained at the Marine Brig in Fort Bonifacio.

Binusalan na naman si Trillanes

Marami ngayon ang gustong marinig si Lt(sg) Antonio Trillanes IV, kandidato para senador ng Genuine Opposition, tungkol sa kanyang nakakagulat na pagpasok sa Magic 12 ngunit hindi siya mai-interview ng media dahil sinabi ng military at ng Makati Regional Trial Court na hanggang campaign period lang daw ang permiso na binigay sa kanya para makipag-usap sa media.

Hanggang ngayon hindi pa namumulat ang mata nitong military pati na ang korte na ang freedom of expression o kalayaan ng isang tao magpahiwatig ng kanyang saloobin ay ginagarantiya ng Constitution.